Sigma keeps introducing new ART lenses. And, as you see by Sigma’s description stated below, this one is in that most useful range for portraits, weddings, social and media events. Combined with the OS stabilizing feature and relatively fast aperture and newer faster, accurate focusing, this will allow the photographer to work a rapidly moving and changing situation. Where within seconds, the photographer can go from wide angle to medium telephoto for those closer shots. I could use this lens only for any event making it all very simple.
In fact, some of the photographs I am posting were from an actual job for a real estate client of mine who was opening yet another office and I was commissioned to cover the party.
I not only used the new Sigma ART 14mm 1.8 for a few photographs before it got crowded; but, this 24-70 2.8 ART lens so I will let the photographs tell the story.
I used the full range from the following: wide angle at 24mm to cover the overall action of the ribbon cutting with dignitaries at this launch party to the 70mm focal length at 2.8 to isolate the subject whom I was photographing from their surrounding party guests who were purposely blurred with the main subject sharp.
- Wide angle at 24mm to cover the overall action of the ribbon cutting with dignitaries at this launch party.
- The 70mm focal length at 2.8 to isolate the subject whom I was photographing from their surrounding party guests who were purposely blurred with the main subject sharp.
My impression was that the build was quite solid and actually felt very comfortable in my hand. I did not get a sense of a heavy lens. I have used and reviewed so many fine Sigma ART lenses that I felt confident in using this throughout the event. When delivered, everything went out for publicity right away and my client was quite happy with the range of images I presented him.
If you are filling your quiver with the beautiful Sigma ART glass, here is another choice in one of the most useful focal length zoom ranges.
Category: Lenses, Standard Lenses, USB Dock Compatible, MC-11 Compatible
Typical Photography: Creative, Travel, Landscape, Wedding & Events, Portrait, Family, Specialty
- Modern workhorse, Flagship of the ART line
- Exceptional optical performance ideal for ultra-high megapixel cameras
- Dust/splash-proof construction
- Newly designed HSM with faster, yet smoother focusing
- Optical Stabilizer functionality
- Electromagnetic aperture control (for Nikon)
- Handcrafted in Japan