Photographer Tamara Lackey takes us inside her studio in Durham, North Carolina to share her favorite picks when it comes to Nikon Lenses best suited for portraits photography.
Here are her recommendations for the best Nikon lenses to achieve sharp subjects, beautiful color tones and soft backgrounds.
Lenses are linked here to our online camera store so you can browse and get more details about each lens.
1. Nikon 24-70mm F2.8 wide angle zoom lens – Very versatile
2. Nikon 85mm F1.4 telephoto lens – Best for shooting two subjects at the same time
3. Nikon 35mm F1.4 wide angle lens – Best for groups
4. Nikon 105mm macro lens – Best for single subject
5. Nikon 70-200mm telephoto zoom lens – Favorite portrait lens
6. Nikon 58mm F1.4 lens – Fast, produces a sharp subject with soft background
To hear more about each of the Nikon lenses, watch the Nikon Behind the Scenes video above.